Lib Dem FOCUS Team Working for You and Carshalton All Year Round – Councillors Chris Williams, Jill Whitehead and Hamish Pollock. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarshCentralLDs or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/carshcentrallds
Local Cllrs. Jill Whitehead and Hamish Pollock undertook a street care survey of some roads on Friday morning, 28th June 2013 and we have reported the following matters:-
Cllr. Jill Whitehead at the Kings Lane south bridge where the pavement was widened by Sutton Council recently
1) Waterloo Road, Sutton: Yellow lines very worn at junction with Sutton Grove and white parking bay lines very worn outside 20-22 Waterloo Road.
2) Junction of Waterloo Road and Sutton Grove: the white lines and Give Way signs painted on road are very worn.
3) Kings Lane bridge (north) asked that the council clear weeds on the east side near Weihurst Gardens junction.
4) Kings Lane bridge (south) to clear weeds and renew double yellow lines worn on both sides approaching bridge from the Warren Park side.
5) Kings Lane southbound lane heading towards the south bridge a “SLOW” sign is required on road. We observed speeding cars at this point.
6) Next to no. 19 Kings Lane by the alleyway entrance the “No cycling” sign is very worn away and the supporting pole is very rusted away – could this be replaced?
7) Hawthorn Road: Lots of weeds in the gutter outside no. 24.
8) Harrow Road: we noted lots of excessive basal growth to street trees outside numbers 54/56 and 58/60, and also outside 62/64. We asked the council to please try to keep hollyhocks at the latter location!
9) The junction of Harrow Road on the west side junction with Carshalton Road. Could the area by the advert sign be tidied- TfL responsibility perhaps? Lots of long grass and weeds which are very unsightly!
10) Ringstead Road: Please could the broken kerb be mended by the street tree near to 14 Ringstead Road, north of the junction with Croft Road.
11) Outside no. 75 Westmead Road lots of weeds noted on pavement outside the QVS depot/yard entrance.
12) Harold Road: The hedge by the pavement on the west side of road leading to Benhill Recreation Ground needs clipping back to the chain link fence line.
Hamish reports: “Here’s what I think of as an impressive view taken from the flats at Relko Gardens, Sutton Grove over the weekend of St. Helier Hospital like a great battleship over the huge sea of houses in northern Carshalton and Sutton. So many residents living in our area obviously were born there or have connections there.”