A lot of new housing and special care/residential developments have been completed in Carshalton Central ward in recent years:-
1) Coleridge Avenue, Poets’ Estate (4 detached houses) replacing one 1920s detached house.
2) Carter House/Denny House/Jennings House, 229-245 Carshalton Road/1B and 1c Shorts Road, Carshalton (44 flats) on site of a former terrace of 9 shops with flats above.
3) Nicole Lodge, 2 Carshalton Park Road (on the site of former Texaco Garage) (12 flats in a new “conservation-area-sympathetic” neo-Georgian block, plus 2 flats at no. 33 Pound Street).
4) Doric House, Carshalton Grove (11 flats).
5) Hillside, 163 Carshalton Road (3 new roof top flats above a 1970s block of flats).
6) Lakin Close/2-4A Rotherfield Road (6 new houses in the close, 3 new houses in Rotherfield Road replacing 4 inter-war detached houses/bungalow).
7) The Park/Corbould Close (conversions/alterations of former 1920s Carshalton War Memorial Hospital) (13 houses). In the Carshalton Park Conservation Area.
8) Ashcombe Court, The Park (10 new flats replacing former nurses’ care home).
9) Corbould Close (8 new residential care flats in grounds of Carshalton War Memorial Hospital).
10) Cedar Close off Salisbury Road (9 new mews style houses replacing former special health care bungalows/houses).
And there’s more to come:-
1) Cowper Avenue/Byron Avenue/Kingsley Avenue/Westmead Road (74 bed care home and some 2 storey houses on former Westmead House site). Now under construction.
2) Former Trolleybus Depot site, Westmead Road. Redevelopment/construction work still to start.
Cedar Close as completed April 2014